Roles & Duties of the Board of Directors
- The board shall be composed of the founders, appointed members and Chairs of different committee or their duly accredited representatives who are able to volunteer their time to serve on the board and to participate in the organization’s activities.
- The Board shall be the supreme organ of the Chapter.
- The Board shall meet at least once a year in ordinary session. At the request of any Member and on approval by a two- thirds majority of the Member, the Board shall meet in extraordinary session.
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure that the organization has the resources necessary to achieve its goals and meets performance target
- The office of the CEO/ Executive director shall be held for a period of 5 year by a member of the Board or an external individual elected after consultations among the Board Member.
- Supports the executive director and assess his/her performance
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services
- Enhances the organization’s public standing
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess the board’s own performance
- Review and make decisions based upon the organization’s financial statements
- Implement fundraising activities, including the development of strategies that maximize personal influence with others.
- Potential Board Members should be able to demonstrate, or have the potential to develop the following attributes:
- Willing to commit their time
- Willing to use their influence and connections to secure funds for the organization
- Willing to use their influence and contacts to advocate on behalf of the organization and its beneficiaries
- Good judgment
- Ability to thing strategically
- Discretion in working with others on confidential issues
- Ability to work in a team
Roles & Duties of each African Union Club team
The teams include international, regional, national, provincial and university.
The international team answers to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and Founders.
The regional team answers to the international team and those above the international team.
The national team answers to the regional team and those above the regional team.
The provincial team answers to the national team and those above the national team.
The universities answer to the provincial team and those above the provincial team